Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8

Thema: Frequency change problems

Frequency change problems

Hi,

I was really looking forward to trying this little app when I saw you had experimental support for the intel chipsets, but I have ran into a problem.
    After installing, I start the little app for resolution change, and I do get some low resolutions, but they are all at incorrect frequencies! According to what my pc monitor tells me, they are all low resolution, but software emulated, actually running at something like 31khz and 70hz (the monitor says the resolution is 7xxxsomethign can't recal it off the top of my head).
    Do I need my own modelines, am I doing something wrong, or will I need to invest in one of the supported graphcards?

Thanks a bunch!

PS: actual chipset is intel 865G.

H@ckse Avatar von SailorSat
    You better start looking for a PCI based radeon.

Intel support basically is there but doesn't work as intended in most cases.
    Ich mach das alles auch ohne Joystick ,)

I finally broke down and got a TNT2 just half an hour ago. I have it set up, and after a reboot, I got my vga screen giving me an unable to sync message. Switched to the arcade screen, and had something that looked like a picture. I tried syncing it up, and I can get an -almost- stable picture.

Horizontally it locks fine, but I can't get vertical hold to latch on to the sync signal.
    The picture keeps scrolling slowly up or down no matter what I do.
    I don't have a Jpac in there, I've the sync wire soldered to both the h and vsync pins on the vga output, and wired the rgb and ground to the appropriate pins. Colours are fine, and the picture would actually look pretty sweet if I could get a vertical hold.

If I fire up powerstrip, and change the vertical frequency, the scrolling changes speed, so it's definitely getting a signal. I'm pretty stumped here.

I'm using a 28" Hantarex Polo.

*Insert facepalm of gigantic proportions here*

I double checked my wiring, and duuuh... bridged the wrong pins on the VGA conenctor. All is fine now

Awesome little piece of software you have here! Thanks!

Now I'd just like to know if I will need to use advance mame to use actual game resolutions.

I'm also curious if there's a way aroudn the following problem:
    My front-end is currently set up to 640x480. If I have my desktop set to a lower resolution (or higher for that matter), when I launch the front-end, it changes resolution to 640x480 but into a 31khz mode.
    Is there a way around this?

Cheers!

Hm... Check your frontends vertical refresh. May be set to 72Hz or something like that.

Zitat Zitat von SailorSat Beitrag anzeigen
    Hm... Check your frontends vertical refresh. May be set to 72Hz or something like that.
    Indeed after checking it turns out the front-end set an incorrect frequency. Thanks for the help!

Also, I am developing a PCB to ease the use of mame in arcade cabinets. It has several features, one of which is that it breaks the signals going to the monitor, and only enables them once it gets a flag from the computer that it has booted, and thus displaying 15khz.
    It has several other features, but I've mainly made it for use with soft15khz. I'm going to offer these for sale ( though the circuit design will be available for free for anyone who wants to make it themselves), and going to send a few small apps to every buyer. Would you mind if I included a copy of soft15khz?

Since I made it for this purpose, I will most likely be making a detailed post about it in this forum aswell (If it's not against any rules that is).

Cheers

Thats okay for me.

Registered User Avatar von bencao74
    this would be very interesting, indeed.