PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Image problem with all resolutions - Windows 7 x64

Geomancer
07-04-2013, 22:44
Hello, I have just registered to ask for some help. I have just received an Audio Authority 9A60A transcoder and I'm trying to get a correct resolution on my Sony Wega CRT.. I don't know if the problem with the images (as you can see in the attachments) is because some software problem (drivers/operative system), or the TV.

The full config is:

ATI HD4870, DVI to VGA adaptor > Audio Authority 9A60A > Component YPbPr > Sony KV-25FS150
Windows 7 x64
Catalyst 10.3, but it's the same with the latest 13.1 drivers
Soft15khz latest version
PowerStrip (I have installed it to check the timings and tweak a little)

640x480i, this looks really strange as it looks like having scanlines, probably due to an overall timing problem, because when using the s-video to component adapter the tv doesn't show scanlines at all.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2i0sxg2.jpg

320x240p
http://i48.tinypic.com/swzqt0.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to not have to reinstall the operative system, but I will install XP x64 if needed. Thanks in advance.

SailorSat
08-04-2013, 14:22
1. try another RGB capable display to rule out the audio authority
2. try another component TV to rule out the sony
3. try another... whatever =)

Thats a rather interesting setup :)

Geomancer
08-04-2013, 14:48
Thanks for your answer! so you're saying that this is probably a hardware problem and not related to software? 15khz resolutions should show ok on every display/tv without further configurations?

I know the TV works ok with the component input as I already used the S-Video (7 pin) to Component adapter, with the interlaced resolutions provided by the Catalyst Control Center. The Component cables also work so I can rule them out.

The problem is I don't have another VGA or TV to test and rule out the Audio Authority.. I have found the transcoder have a potentiometer used to manually adjust the Sync Pulse Width, would that be useful in this case? the problem I'm facing is that I don't know how the "aberrations" and image problems are called, so I can't find much info on the web..

Geomancer
09-04-2013, 00:27
I got it working by adjusting the 9A60A potentiometer, it was all the way to the left, and moving it to the middle adjusted the image, I kept moving it to the right because it kept shifting horizontally the image to the left.

All the default resolutions work really nice, now I just realized how much the geometry needs to be adjusted, there is some really bad distortion on the borders of the tube, but that's another story :D

SailorSat
09-04-2013, 06:53
Glad to hear it worked out for you.
Getting a "good" image is rather simple, getting a "perfect" image... impossible :D